Saturday, November 16, 2013

THE SELFIE

I don't understand why people feel so much rancor for selfies. I like them. I like looking at people. Maybe I'm a creep but I find confidence inspiring, especially in girls.

Girls are told at such a young age to hate their bodies, skin and hair. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH SELF-LOVE. I always tell my students that as long as you treat others as equals you can be as "conceited" as you want.  Modesty is boring. Be proud! Shout it from the rooftops, take a selfie from the bathroom, I don't care. Do your thing.

If my self-confidence bothers you then that's your problem, not mine.

And if you're posting selfies because of the opposite then that's okay too. If you are looking for attention, affirmation and compliments through a photo, keep doing it. Hey, it's a lot healthier than finding self-esteem in a strip club (no disrespect to strippers.)




No comments:

Post a Comment